Meeting was slightly awakening cos even as we planned for stuff I always had some sort of "visions of grandeur"?! Being the idealistic optimist that I am, I never thought what if only afew people turned up for our outreach event? But today SMcG asked about our expectations and if we would think it a failure if only 2 people turned up..?! And then he asked how many of us would feel bad letting our church here know... (about that only 2 pple came) would we feel like we were letting you down? How would we also then measure success of the trip?
Honestly, I reckon I would be superuberduper disappointed if only a few people turned up.. and even more so if those who turned up walked out halfway or something-- which I'm praying they won't? But yupp, I'm learning that success is not necessarily how many people come, or how well I think I did, or even how many salvations there are at that moment? (Not saying that we won't try our best in everything we endeavour, cos we will! ;)) But I guess ultimately success would really to be able to be available to be used as an instrument of God. And that no matter what the circumstance that God may ever be glorified! いつも。
Yupp, so this is something I painted for our "Australia themed party"-- We're supposed to be "lifeguards/surf patrol" and this is my demo tee! is it prettee?!! ;) Haha ok time for work now! Seeyaaah

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
hey Sharon, just reading all this for the first time now. t-shirt looks great! good to see the pic of your team too, hope you're all nice to each other ;) i'm sure you will learn heaps; it's always great to serve with people from other churches.
ReplyDeleteand yeah, it's very very easy to measure success as 'number of people who came and said they wanted to become Christians' but in many places (even here!) in the absence of prolific numbers we -really- need to constantly remember GOD determines outcome, and our responsibility is faithful, humble, dependent, prayerful service. I say this for myself as much as to encourage you - it's easy to forget!
2 Cor 2:14 - may God grant your words and efforts to be the fragrance of life.
k.