Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday already?!

omg. it's already Friday night! just had the highschool event which changed to be more like a junior high school thing but still good nontheless! :) always glad to have people hear the gospel!

today we also went up/down/left/right to Kobe! to help out with English class there and encourage some other missionaries from CMS (Kelly,Brad&Michelle). Please pray for them as they endeavour to build more bridges and glorify God through their work there.

OH! i must tell you!!! So yesterday we hung out with a 99yr old grannanny Mrs F which was such an encouragement really. even just her testimony of coming to faith and then getting baptised at 92!!! it's just mind blowing!

Honestly, I never wanted to grow that old? but if I could be as lucid and as sharp and as much of a blessing as her at 99, why not yea? speaking to her made me even somewhat ashamed of the moments where i felt tired of life. seriously, an old lady who's almost a century old with a fervour and passion for God can really put young pple such as myself to shame sometimes.



That's her there! And though you can't see it cos her right hand's not in the picture, she's actually doing the peace sign! Super funky granmama she is. She even asked for our numbers and said she call us in Aus! She only speaks Japanese tho so she told me I'd recognize her if I heard an old lady going "moshimoooshi" :) haha she's hilarious!

Now for some serious stuff! Speaking to more Japanese here, I realize the reality of a personal God. Unlike in other countries, where it's common to have like "2nd generation Christians", every jap Christian I've spoken to here has an incredible testimony of grace reaching out to them.

A pastor commented today about how jap pple are essentially rather religious people? but compelled by fear such that they desire that outward display of "worship" and god, accepting the ritual an traditions of their forefathers without questioning.

upon reflection, I think perhaps they might be a little commitment phobic. Cos they're all rather careful people, thus they tend toward stuff that perhaps are efficient and require little intimacy/commitment. that could explain why new fad religions are ever so popular? I mean, if it were real and people could spend like $2000AUD and buy their salvation for a lifetime, then why not right? but fact is, no one can buy their way in. the price has been paid!

so please continue praying! good night for now.. I'm so super tired! hope my last few sentences made sense!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. yeah, grannies like that are totally amazing! - like the 'Bible women' of China whom God used to preserve the Gospel during the Cultural Revolution...

    ReplyDelete

thAnks for leAving a nOte!